HT to Mr. Fausto!
2012 Prize Contest for â€œMy Life in Koreaâ€
The Embassy of the Philippines invites Filipinas married to Koreans to participate in an Essay Writing Contest organized by the Research Institute of Asian Women of Sookmyung Womenâ€™s University and the Korea Exchange Bank. The theme of the essay writing contest is â€œMy Life in Korea.â€
1. Applicants: Filipina married immigrants residing in Korea. (Divorcees or Separated are also qualified to apply for the contest.
2. Length of Essay: less than 3 pages in A4-sizes paper.
3. Essays must have the following themes:
a. My Experiences on Korean Culture
(culture Shock, culture conflict, etc.)
b. My Economic Self-reliance (Independence) in Korea
(employment, entrepreneurial activities, etc.)
c. My Child Rearing Story in Korea
(child rearing, child education, etc.)
d. My Traveling Story in Korea
4. Language: Applicantâ€™s native language (ex. Filipino / Tagalog)
5. Submission Period: 14 May to 13 July 2012
6. All essays must be submitted via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must write their native country, name, phone number and address alongside their essay.
7. Winners will be announced on 31 October 2012.
1 Grand Prize â€“ 3,000,000 won
2 Gold Prizes â€“ 1,000,000 won each
5 Silver Prizes- 700,000 won each
10 Bronze Prizes- 500,000 won each
15 Honorable Mentions- 300,000 won each
For further information please call (02) 710-9198 or 710-9177 or visit http://asianfem.sookmyung.ac.kr