This is posted on the website of the Philippine Embassy. This contest is open to all Filipina marriage immigrants residing in Korea. Even divorcees or those separated from their spouses are encouraged to join. This is an annual event (which began in 2008) sponsored by The Research Institute of Asian Women of Sookmyung Women’s University. Here are the details:
1. Applicants: Filipina marital immigrants residing in Korea. (Divorcees or Separated are also qualified to apply for the contest.
2. Length of Essay: less than 3 pages in A4-sizes paper.
3. Essays must have the following themes:
a. My Experiences on Korean Culture
(culture Shock, culture conflict, etc.)
b. My Economic Self-reliance (Independence) in Korea
(employment, entrepreneurial activities, etc.)
c. My Child Rearing Story in Korea
(child rearing, child education, etc.)
d. My Traveling Story in Korea
4. Language: Applicantâ€™s native language (ex. Filipino / Tagalog)
5. Submission Period: 23 May to 8 July 2011
6. All essays must be submitted via the following email address:
Applicants must write their name, phone number and address alongside their essay.
7. Winners will be announced on 31 October 2011.
1 Grand Prize â€“ 3,000,000 won
2 Gold Prizes â€“ 1,000,000 won each
5 Silver Prizes- 700,000 won each
10 Bronze Prizes- 500,000 won each
15 Honorable Mentions- 300,000 won each
For further information please call (02) 710-9198 or 710-9177 or visit http://asianfem.sookmyung.ac.kr
A total of 33 women could win prize money ranging from 300,000 won to 3,000,000! Whoa!